Thursday, April 12, 2012

Japan Tirol Espresso Chocolate Review

This is my second taste of the largers premium version of Tirols. You know the drill first up is the video portion then the stills.


One word that sums up this candy is "strong"! Strong scent which is what I was hit with first, then the actual taste of this candy. Definitely not for the timid! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do love the aroma of it, and yet I found this to my liking. I do have a preference for bold flavors in my food. I don't like to have to struggle to get any taste from what I'm eating. 

Not that I want to be floored by flavors, but you wanna know what you're supposed to be tasting. 

No doubts here! Very dark rich chocolate with some bitter under tones, paired with a strong coffee. If you're curious as to what blend, that I can't help you with. Like I said, I don't drink coffee. 

Not only does this candy deliver on striking taste, but texture. There's some liquid substance, right under the the top layer of chocolate, which must be where the coffee taste is coming from.
However, there's also a bit of crunch to this chocolate portion that's under the liquid, I believe this is from crushed up coffee beans, mixed into the candy. So the coffee flavor is really throughout the entire thing.


I bought a set of 4 of these off napajapan.com, and they had a very limited supply. So if you wanna try it, better hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment